Intelligence for life

Helping physicians rule out active, acute myocardial ischaemia using Creavo’s MCG technology

Discover how

*For investigational use only not approved for sale

Bringing MCG to the point of care

Corsens® ED is the first cardiac diagnostic device to bring magnetocardiography (MCG) directly to the patient’s bedside.

The greatest challenge of managing patients who present to the emergency department with chest pain is that only 30% are ultimately diagnosed with acute coronary syndrome (ACS)1. The remaining 70% still have to follow the complete chest pain pathway before they can be ruled out.

Creavo’s Corsens® ED can be used as an aid to rule out active, acute myocardial ischaemia in patients presenting to emergency departments with symptoms consistent with those of acute coronary syndrome. This means that patients can quickly move on to the most appropriate care pathway for their needs, relieving pressure on busy emergency departments.

[1] Backus et al. 2011; Rohacek et al. 2012; Six et al. 2012; Backus et al. 2013

See what is being said about Creavo’s MCG technology

Interview: Dr Richard Charles 
Potential of device 

Interview: Robert Barr, Steve Parker, John Von Benecke
Panel discussion on Creavo’s vision 

Interview: Robert Barr 
What sets Creavo up for success 

Ischaemia

Myocardial ischaemia is a condition where blood flow to the heart is reduced. This causes a lack of oxygen which can lead to a ‘heart attack’. Corsens® aids healthcare professionals in ruling out active Ischaemia in patients presenting with symptoms consistent with those of acute coronary syndrome in the emergency department.

Arrhythmia

Arrhythmia is a disruption of the heart’s normal, regular rhythm. Some arrhythmias, particularly those associated with coronary heart disease, may be life threatening and result in sudden cardiac death (SCD). SCD, both in patients with known risk factors and in people who have had no previous symptoms, is a major public health problem. MCG has the potential to help researchers, and ultimately clinicians, identify those most at risk of SCD, resulting in appropriate, life saving treatments. MCG may also prove useful in helping to identify patients most likely to benefit from expensive treatments for both arrhythmias and severe heart failure.

The unique advantages of Creavo’s Magnetocardiography (MCG) Technology

Creavo’s novel magnetocardiography (MCG) technology captures the minute magnetic signals associated with the heart’s electrical activity via a non-invasive scan within a few minutes. The scan results aid healthcare professionals to rule out active Ischaemia in patients presenting with symptoms consistent with those of acute coronary syndrome.

The unique advantages of Creavo’s Magnetocardiography (MCG) Technology

Creavo’s novel magnetocardiography (MCG) technology captures the minute magnetic signals associated with the heart’s electrical activity via a non-invasive scan within a few minutes. The scan results aid healthcare professionals to rule out active Ischaemia in patients presenting with symptoms consistent with those of acute coronary syndrome.

Research management suite

The Creavo research management suite is a software program that works with the Corsens® platform to provide access to the raw MCG data. This will enable researchers to conduct their own studies using MCG data captured in locations previously restricted due to access, workflow and space limitations.

Research management suite

The Creavo research management suite is a software program that works with the Corsens® platform to provide access to the raw MCG data. This will enable researchers to conduct their own studies using MCG data captured in locations previously restricted due to access, workflow and space limitations.

Latest News

Article for US Healthcare Publication

Portable MCG technology could transform the treatment of heart disease across the US Frank Peacock, MD, FACEP, FACC Professor, Associate Chair, and Research Director at Henry JN Taub Department of Emergency Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine. American Heart Month...

Acute Cardiovascular Care 2019

Creavo will be at the Acute Cardiovascular Care Conference 2019 in Malaga this weekend. You’ll find us on stand B1 ready to discuss how our portable MCG device Corsens® could act as an aid for physicians in ruling out patients with acute, active ischemia in busy...

National Technology Awards – Shortlisting

Creavo is delighted to announce it has been shortlisted for the Healthcare Technology of the Year award at the 2019 National Technology Awards. The National Technology Awards are the most comprehensive celebration of technology of the year, organised by National...